Man boobs – or gynecomastia as its known medically – affect half of all men
yeah, you read that correct.. According to research published in the Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine. But how is it caused, and what can you do to mould your moobs into hard muscle? Research shows that if you lose a little fat and tweak your hormonal imbalances you’ll be on the right track.
Gynecomastia is also indicative of a hormonal imbalance in the body. Breast tissue in both men and women feeds off oestrogen. Oestrogen is one of the main female sex hormones. While both women and men produce oestrogen, it plays a bigger role in women’s bodies. Men on the other hand have androgen a testosterone like hormone and as you can expect, the moob occurs when a man’s oestrogen-to-androgen ratio is out of balance.
So you know what causes your lovely moobs, now how to get rid of them?
There’s a few things you can do to reduce the size of your moobs, see some of the pointed ones below.
Ditch the drink..
- We know it’s nothing that we want to do but looking at the statistics, alcohol contains a-lot of calories it is also second to dietary fat in terms of its calorie density. However, that isn’t quite the issue here… alcohol intake produces a suppression of plasma testosterone.” In other words, if you have an unwanted cleavage and drink a lot then maybe you should cut back on booze.
Eat like an absolute Animal
- Nutrition will be vital if you really want to loose those man boobs, but you still have to eat like a man. Don’t diet, starve yourself and nibble on hamster food because this won’t specifically work. If you drastically restrict food from your diet your bodies testosterone level will start dropping and that’s the last thing you need to happen. It can also cause Gynecomastia to become more severe when you return to a normal diet. Even though you may think that starving yourself is the best option it isn’t, the unfortunate reality is that you could be doing your body more harm than good.
Learn to love the Bench
- The bench press is the best way to gain effective muscle on your chest area, converting fat to muscle by utilising the heavy compound lifts from bench presses is one of the best ways to reduce the oestrogen in your body. Saying that Testosterone is known to increase drastically when doing heavy resistance training.
Use the right supplements!
- If you’re using the right supplements when training this can be beneficial whatever your goals are.. When it comes to reducing Gynecomastia in your body there’s a couple of supplements that we have used along with friends and have seen exceptional results from.
- During training we used Testogen ( an all natural Testosterone Booster ) & Crazy Bulks Gynectrol. We used these products simultaneously for a 4 week period and had some brilliant results in return.